Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Shopping Kartma

Yesterday I had an opportunity to shop for groceries without my 7-month-old, so I raced off to the HEB for a quick shopping escapade. I parked near a stray shopping cart so I could just grab it and head directly into the store. (I figured I would build some positive karma by rescuing the lonely cart and keeping that HEB teen from having to hike all the way out there to get it.) So I was feeling good about all this...infantless shopping, easy-reach cart. Once I got into the store, it occurred to me that I had retrieved perhaps the most smoothly gliding cart ever! It had great handling too...no veering! The Mommy Heavens opened up and sang loud hosannas for only me to hear! And then I got to the jugs of purified water. We usually buy them 6 at a time, filling up the under-cart rack. Lo and behold, there was no under-cart rack. NO RACK!!?? AARRRGGHH!! This was perhaps the best cart ever in the history of grocery shopping (and I KNOW GROCERY SHOPPING), and it had no rack! I think that karma thing didn't pan out after all. (I've never understood how that's supposed to work anyway.) Fortunately, I hadn't put much more than produce in the cart at that point, so I didn't have to excavate too deeply to create space for my waters. Maybe Mommy Heaven was telling me to buy a Brita filter. (I've probably built up negative karma putting so many plastic jugs into the landfill.) The perfect shopping cart is out there somewhere, just waiting for me to appreciate its perfection. I just know it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home