Thursday, September 02, 2004

Reset

Resetting one's body clock is exhausting. For months I have been spoiled to a 9:00AM wake up time, as my daughter would begin her morning sounds around 8:45 and not call out "Mama!" until about 9:00. That gave me a good ten to fifteen minutes just to lie half-awake listening to the beautiful music of Ava's whispering, crooning, and jabbering "Ga-Ga-Ga" or "Dud'n Dud'n" (her new favorite) before I actually hit the bathroom. Then law school started, which meant I needed to instill in myself a new morning routine. Now that we only have one car, Ava and I need to be up and ready in case we have to take Britt to school so that I will have the car. This won't happen every day, but we need to be on a regular schedule just in case. My efforts towards this goal crashed and burned most days last week. I think it was the wrong part of my hormone cycle or the moon phases or something. This week it seems to be going better. Last night, much to my surprise, I never even felt an evening slump, despite my 7:15AM get up time. Crazy! Britt was at school until midnight, so I just busied myself organizing the bathroom cabinets and such while he was gone. I kept thinking I'd get tired and go to bed, but I was just so pumped that I knew going to bed would just be a waste of all that energy and motivation. My body is making up for lost time tonight. I am beat. I need to sleep. Now. But maybe I am one day closer to retraining my body clock to sleep from 11:00PM to 7:00AM, in time to get ready for my day long before Ava calls "Mama!" in the mornings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home