Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Life Lessons on Faith

I've probably heard this song before, but I think I heard it today for the first time. The kind of thing where you find yourself hearing something and thinking "YES!" after every statement. Its lyrics struck me, as the thick fog of a specific category of uncertainty and fear is just beginning to lift for me. Here's my abbreviated version...just the parts that mattered to me and minus the Biblical analogy about water and wine that I think is used backwards throughout the whole song...

Drive
by Incubus

Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear.
And I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer.
It's driven me before, and it seems to have a vague, haunting mass appeal.
But lately I am beginning to find that I should be the one behind the wheel.
It's driven me before and it seems to be the way that everyone else gets around.
But lately I'm beginning to find that when I drive myself my light is found.

Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there with open arms and open eyes.
Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there.
There are some holes, like the fact that I shouldn't be the one "driving" either. That's where my lessons in faith come in for the umpteenth time. But it's just a song...and I get the point for me. If I take the reigns from Fear, then I might finally feel my Light...in every sense of the word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home